Game: PokeShot!

---------
--EDIT-- PokeShot! was suspended due to copyright, I still can send a request to reopen since it's about the correctly order of privacy policy of Nintedo, perhaps something more, but that's not my focus right now. The purpose was for learning, so I will just put here some interesting code of the game, along with the full game on my GitHub repository. The game almost achieved 1000 downloads, mostly from India.
---------
In december/2017 I made my second game. With the end of my courses, it was time to try to develop something from zero, with a simple idea, so I find cool a game where you would choice a Pokemon and would score based on your knowledge. Everything with Rank System just like my previous game. So, I collected info about the privacy policy of Nintendo and others parts(where you can find here) and it showed possible to develop.

Here's the link to Google Play: PokeShot!
Link to repository: GitHub


Some images with explanation:
The main idea was to be fast and to be intuitive. I imagined the exactly mainscreen before I programed it, with the background moving while the boy ride his bike.
I had to download and separate 151 images of the first generation of Pokemon.
The final part I created after almost done the game, witch was to show the values that I used on code to calculate the power of the Pokemons. It was interesting to calculate the power based on every type of Pokemon, I made a beautiful code so why not use it to help the players know why they lose (as well show the complexity behind all).

At the end, it was another game with I felt happy. It came from zero, a self-test. For my surprise, about one month later PokeShot was with around 80 downloads, witch the majority from India. From a simple concept the game won some attention, great for my experience. Time to work harder.

----
Edit: Some codes of the game:
As the repository on GitHub are, there's a small number of classes, and very intuitive to work with.

The MainClass script implemented the most interesting codes, like the behavior of cards in backend. To introduce the pokemon, were executed pokeName() to catch("we must catch them all!" =p) the name along with their respective id, this id is the same as the sprites of the original ordem of pokemons from Nintendo, so i took advantage of that, like comparing to the Texture number on assets: pokeTexture = new Texture("pokes/"+textureNumber+".png");
After the poke is find, the powerTable and typeTable were calculated as the second image presents. Just repetitive work, but very simple to introduce and catch the results as fast as possible.
After both results were gather, the system battle Poke1 with Poke2 and compare their powers, some would get huge power if got 2 super effective types. Even the legendary pokemons were calculated with some bonus, and with all of the cases on the table, the player could test their knowledge of types and evolution of the first season of the series.

powerTable() and typetable()
battle() system - comparing both poke's power
For making the BikeBoy, the pokemon float on top screen, and the background movement, were introduced almost the same logic:

draw() and update() - movement vertical and horizontal of texture/changing frames


Comments