Game: Monstruous Belly

On november/2017, I made my first game with Android Studio. With the help of a course on the area, I published Monstruous Belly - a game inspired by Flappy Bird with some new mechanics and obstacles. Just for study purpose I ended up with a nice game.

Here's the link on Google Play: Monstruous Belly.
Link to repository: GitHub

Some images of the game with a simple explanation:
While I was developing, the first idea was to be a spermatozoon. I'm happy I changed it to a virus, where the player should advance and score more points to kill a monster from inside.
Plus the mechanics of the well-known Flappy Bird, I added a gravity sense, where you would fall in a normal game and would change the gravity with a obstacle to difficult the player's jump.
 
So, I added 3 different types of obstacles - I rounded a bit more the chance of the normal wall from Flappy Bird to be shown, so the Gravity-Ball and the Eye-Wall would appear and change the gameplay.

With this game I ended up learning a lot outside the teorical stuff. I'm glad with it, and perhaps it will win a remake in the future due to the opportunities to explore more with.

------
--Edit: Some codes of the game
The main objetive were to introduce some especial component to the game, i did that by implementing different walls, and following that there was the update on main class that call them:
update() with the part of creating walls and especial walls with less random chance

The other especial method were the background, with front background that were to be the belly's limit, and another background that were to be the belly's center, where the fluids would pass. And, the last element is the air suckers that change the gravity whenever the especial wall "Eye" arrive.


Comments